A to Z of Style
A to Z of Style
- Item No.
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny.' Coco Chanel
Amy de la Haye brings together the secrets of style from the worlds greatest fashion designers, their famous clients and others from the world of fashion in this delightful illustrated dictionary. Preserving the wisdom of fashions big names, from Chanel on perfume, to Dior on elegance and Schiaparelli on hats, this charming compendium is illustrated with newly commissioned line drawings of accessories and clothing from the V&As celebrated fashion collection by Emma Farrarons. A to Z of Style, a handy guide full of timeless advice, is the perfect gift for anyone with a sense of style or fun.
Amy de la Haye is a curator and dress historian. She has a Readership at London College of Fashion and was formerly Curator of 20th-Century Fashion at the V&A. She is the author of Chanel (V&A 2011).
- Product Description: I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny.' Coco Chanel
- generic_text_8: Clothbound hardback
- generic_text_3: Edited by Amy de la Haye
- generic_text_7: 9781851776528
- generic_text_4: 01-Oct-11
- generic_text_10: V&A Publishing
- generic_text_5: 128 pp
- generic_text_6: 36 colour
- generic_text_2: 178 x 129 mm