- Item No.
Rings are perhaps the most common and yet the most evocative pieces of jewellery. Worn as a sign of love or as a fashion accessory, to mark weddings, remember the dead, or show religious faith, the unbroken circle, decorated or elegantly unadorned, holds a multitude of meanings for every wearer.
From simple medieval hoops worn to ward off disease to the glamorous rocks worn by Hollywood starlets, to the stunning works of art created by contemporary artist jewellers, this book offers a beautifully illustrated introduction to rings.
Rachel Church is Curator of Metalwork at the V&A.
- Product Description:
- generic_text_8: Hardback
- generic_text_3: Rachel Church
- generic_text_7: 9781851776504
- generic_text_4: 01-Aug-11
- generic_text_10: V&A Publishing
- generic_text_5: 128 pp
- generic_text_6: 175 colour
- generic_text_2: 208 x 187 mm