- Item No.
- Product Description: This sumptuous book offers an overview of the history of dolls' houses and their furniture, based on the celebrated collections of the V&A Museum of Childhood. From early art cabinets and 'baby' houses that recorded the extravagant lifestyle of aristocratic owners and German houses intended as teaching aids for young girls, to the dolls' houses of today, Pasierbska tells the fascinating story of the dolls' house. Presented as a walk through the rooms of the houses and illustrated with close-up details that show the craftsmanship and care of their makers and owners, this is an essential book for any dolls' house enthusiast. Halina Pasierbska was Curator of Dolls' Houses and Toys at the V&A until 2005. She has organised several exhibitions including Wooden Toys(1990) and Must-have Toys (2004-5) which won the Museums and Heritage Award for Best Temporary Exhibition 2005. She has also written two books: Dolls' Houses and Dolls' House Furniture.
- generic_text_8: Hardback
- generic_text_3: Halina Pasierbska
- generic_text_7: 9781851775460
- generic_text_4: 01-Oct-08
- generic_text_10: V&A Publishing
- generic_text_5: 144
- generic_text_6: 180 colour
- generic_text_2: 270 x 216 mm