- Item No.
- Product Description: The fact that such wide-ranging books of this kind are unusual in these days of subject specialisation makes this volume doubly valuable' Ceramic Review The history of ceramics is extraordinarily diverse, ranging from crude clay utensils to highly decorative pieces of immense beauty and craftsmanship. Now with a new cover this classic V&A book draws on the Museum's extensive collection to trace the story of European ceramics from the end of the Middle Ages to the present day. Key developments, techniques, discoveries and styles - from earthenware, stoneware and tin-glaze to the invention of porcelain and the impact of industrialisation - are highlighted in this richly illustrated volume.
- generic_text_8: Paperback
- generic_text_3: Robin Hildyard
- generic_text_7: 9781851772605
- generic_text_10: V&A Publishing
- generic_text_5: 144
- generic_text_6: 170 col 30 b/w
- generic_text_2: 270 x 216 mm