- Item No.
This is a lovely book, a pleasure to own and, for anyone interested in samplers, essential' Textile History
'Stunning ... presents a gallery of examples of this popular needlework art' Woman's World
'A must for all passionate sampler enthusiasts' Hali
Embroidered samplers from the V&A's fine collection provide a historical survey of this popular needlework art and a practical guide to the different types of stitches. This popular book, reissued with a new cover, shows details of individual motifs alongside the complete samplers while stitch types and techniques are explained through photographic details and line drawings.
Clare Browne is a curator at the V&A and the author of Lace and a contributor to Quilts 1700-2010. Jennifer Wearden is the author of Ottoman Embroidery and Iranian Textiles (Published 2010) with Patricia L. Baker.
- Product Description: This is a lovely book, a pleasure to own and, for anyone interested in samplers, essential' Textile History
- generic_text_8: Paperback
- generic_text_3: Clare Browne & Jennifer Wearden
- generic_text_7: 9781851772902
- generic_text_10: V&A Publishing
- generic_text_5: 144
- generic_text_6: 162 col 40 line
- generic_text_2: 300 x 250mm