- Item No.
- Product Description: This fascinating account of the development of the necktie from the 1670s to the present draws on contemporary pictorial as well as written sources and stunning photographs of high fashion examples of this essential item of male dress. The tie is of interest not only for sartorial reasons, it also conveys messages about the man himself. It can reveal not only his taste (or lack of it) but also his politics, education or sporting achievements. Ties offers insights into neckwear worn by famous historical characters such as Samuel Pepys and the legendary Regency dandy Beau Brummell. It also shows how current styles have developed from earlier fashions, and features examples of contemporary ties from the elegant and stylish to the downright outrageous.
- generic_text_8: Hardback
- generic_text_3: Avril Hart
- generic_text_7: 1851772251
- generic_text_10: V&A Publishing
- generic_text_5: 128
- generic_text_6: 60 col 20 b/w
- generic_text_2: 208 x 187mm